Monday, May 07, 2007

Stuffy

Got up around 7'ish and went for a walk on the Old King George Hwy down to the cemetery. I walked around the graveyard reading headstones and wondering about people. Back the hill, off the road, with only the birds, flowers, trees, headstones and me, peace enveloped and I felt my spirit shift connecting with nature, sparking creativity. When you slow down, stop worrying about time, and just breathe and listen, it just takes a few seconds to get grounded and reconnect. I wished I had brought my notebook with me. I'm going to do more of that. More creative writing out and about, whether at the graveyard or in the cove or on the patio of the restaurant at Ritchie Wharf. I've been neglecting my soul, getting too wrapped up with work. The trick to getting into balance and being more productive and accomplishing all the things I want to accomplish is to make sure I have that quiet alone time, that I have that peace, that I allow myself the freedom to be still.

Mood: positively glowing
Drinking: water, coffee nearly black
Listening To: birds tweeting, boat passing on the water
Hair: mangled

No comments: