Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No Worries

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles . . . it empties today of its strength." - Aunt Linda, as quoted by Jennifer Cribbs, SparkPeople community member


Truer words were never spoken. Everyone has worry from time to time I guess. A big thing for me has been making myself conscious of my worry and talking myself off the ledge for the silly little things. I still worry about the big stuff, when it happens. You know, family illness and things. I try never to worry about things I have no control over. I try not to worry about every little thing that happens. I used to be a pretty intense worrier back in the day. But I have MUCH too vivid an imagination! I can always create the worse things in my mind, if I allow it to happen. I had to teach myself to be conscious of my worry. I had to practice talking myself out of it. Every now and again a situation will come up where no amount of positive logical self-talk alleviates my worry, but I'm happy to say they are fewer and more far between. Practice really does help. Even if it feels unnatural in the beginning.

Little thundershower last night. Nothing major. Yes, I really do have an excellent view. Not that I really want one. I closed the curtains for most of this one. Though not before I saw some pretty wicked chains coming out of the sky. Afterward there was the most beautiful rainbow ever! It arced over the length of the river from Nelson Miramichi down to Douglastown. It felt like I could reach out and touch it. Gorgeous! Well worth putting up with a little lightning.

Mood: up and at 'em
Drinking: coffee, fresh ground, with skim, and the prerequisite glass of water
Listening To: rehab, amy winehouse
Hair: puzzling

No comments: