Thursday, September 16, 2004

And I'm Off!

Well, today's the day. Gotta pack! I'm leaving for Fredericton at 3 this afternoon, get there a little before 5pm. Mary might be there to pick me up. Busy evening planned and I'll be back here by early tomorrow afternoon. Such a flying trip! I'll probably end up buying Beth Powning's book. She's reading with Ann-Marie MacDonald. I think I've got everything Ann-Marie might be selling, so I'll just get them signed (NOTE TO SELF - Remember to pack your books to get signed)Beth Powning is an artist as well as writer. She takes some pretty amazing photographs. I saw some of her work at a gallery in Sackville earlier this summer. I think she lives in Shediac. Anyway, her novel called The Hat Boxes sounds pretty interesting and once I've heard her read from it I'm sure I'll have a hard time NOT buying the book.

I watched Canadian Idol last night even though I'm still devastated by the loss of my boy Jacob. I even voted a few times (maybe 20) for Theresa. There's no way in hell that Kalan won't win this thing, he doesn't need my vote to secure that position. I've always really liked Theresa anyway and I think it would be cool if we had an Idol that was a little more smoky around the edges. I'm probably going to miss the results show but Mom's going to tape it I think.

I also watched a little bit of a new CTV show that came on after. I think it's called Rising Star or something like that, basically about a 15 year old girl dealing with the instant fame of winning one of those talent contests like Idol. It wasn't bad, I suppose. But geared toward a much younger audience. Maybe it'll be the next Degrassi.

I see there's some new stories up on the Bread 'n Molasses website. And now I'm off to have pancakes. I'm on this pancake kick again (NEVER a good thing, loads of carbs in those suckers!) I've been experimenting with making them from scratch without a mix. Yesterday I made some using whole wheat flour with a touch of cinnamon and they were really good . . . so yeah, I'm going back for more. I mightn't get to eat much today with being in transit and having so much stuff to do. There probably won't be any refreshments at the reading . . . I'm not sure if there's a restaurant in my hotel. It could be breakfast tomorrow before I see any more food. So, I'm going to enjoy my pancake creations for the time being and hope they keep me from starving later.

Mood: Upbeat
Drinking: Tea
Listening To: Sk8er Boie, Avril Lavigne
Hair: Can't believe I never had time to dye it!!

No comments: