Monday, September 13, 2004

Seasons Change

Not having a very good day. The seasons are changing, it's no longer summer and fall hasn't quite settled in either. This means I'm in agony with arthritis -- I am every time the seasons change. Such is the life of an old arthritic broad I guess ;-) I didn't sleep a wink last night. I went to bed and closed my eyes and rolled round and round all night trying to get comfortable until finally I just said to hell with it and got up at 5:30 am. There's just no comfort when I'm in this state. I knew it was coming but hoped it would hold off until after my Fredericton trip. There's no preventing it, all the supplements, exercise, etc. only help ease the pain somewhat, but they don't get rid of it completely. Seasons change and I go into a flare. That's just the way it is. Today, I've had my neck brace on all day, keeping myself wrapped up in sweaters and blankets to help keep dampness out of the joints. My fingers and wrists are particularly bad so I've been rubbing on the deep cold which of course always gets into my eyes and makes my eyes water. Great for my sinuses though, clearing them right out breathing in all this menthol. But I must look like a big blubbering mess. It's really exhausting after only 24 hours, hopefully it'll let up a little and let me sleep some tonight. I've got so much work to do and I don't want to be a zombie come Thursday when I finally get to meet Ann-Marie MacDonald. It's days like this that I really have to focus on the good days I've had this summer, remember them.

Mood: Achy breaky
Drinking: nothing. Got a dry mouth too.
Listening To: Teenage Wasteland, The Who
Hair: In my eyes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about your arthritis....its got me down too because you're usually so happy and easy to read.....like bridget jones (only way cooler and not after your boss!...ewww)

Simply Kel said...

Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better now. Will probably live. Can't even think about that boss comment . . . do you KNOW my boss? Hmmm. That's not the best of images to have lying around my brain. I know! I'll pretend my boss is Jon Bon Jovi . . . yeah . . . now that's an image to hold onto :-)