Sunday, September 12, 2004

Freddy Time

So, this week I'm heading out for a brief overnighter to Fredericton. It's the Alden Nowlan Literary Festival and Ann-Marie MacDonald is giving a reading on Thursday night. I'm a big fan of her work. I worked a matinee performance of Goodnight Desdemona, Good Morning Juliet at Nightwood Theatre back in the 80's. I sold t-shirts in the lobby at intermission and instead of being paid in cash I got a free t-shirt and to see the play. This was before it won all the awards and stuff. That's when I first started liking Ann-Marie MacDonald. I've followed her writing and acting career ever since. So, on Thursday afternoon I'm catching the bus to Freddyville, checking into a hotel for the night, grabbing some supper and going to a reading/signing at the university. Hopefully, I'll get to meet her and get my books signed and have a good time. I'm staying overnight, checking out early, getting back on the bus and I'll be home by early afternoon. It's a flying trip. But it'll be worth it I think. Next week I'm going for a longer excursion and participating in more of the Festival events. My friend, Elizabeth, is giving a reading and I'm taking a workshop. Stacy might take a mini-break and come with me to some of the events and visit with people in Fredericton. That'll be fun.

Mood: Full *burp*
Drinking: Cold Coffee with cream
Listening To: Virgin Radio UK (Special on The Clash)
Hair: loose & Golden Blonde

No comments: