Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

I'm going freaking nuts!! I have to get out of this house and escape to my nice hotel room in Freddy Beach! The house is infested with bugs. And not the cute little bugs you saw in A Bug's Life, NOOOO, I'm talking big mother fucking spiders! HUGE!!! And they're everywhere. My skin is crawling just thinking about it.

The horror started about a week ago when we got our firewood in the basement. First it was just ants. Now, ants are kind of creepy but really they don't bother me that much . . . I wouldn't have a stroke if one got on me or anything. But now it is the spiders! And I just can't deal with that crap. . . well maybe if they were puny little things, but these are long legged beasts, quick as a bunny and scary as old hell.

I go to put something in the garbage can and one runs out from underneath it. Dad is sitting in the kitchen (blind as a bat I might add) and sees one running across the floor in the living room! I'm sitting on the lazy boy chair watching tv and one runs across the wall right by my arm. They're in the landing, the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom, the hall . . . they're EVERYWHERE! Why God? WHY?!

So, we're killing them off one by one and hoping to get the house back sometime before the snow flies. I k know I'm not supposed to kill anything with eyes, but a person can't be expected to live in a nest of spiders, one or two is fine, but not the whole extended family. I shudder to think about how many of these buggers are being murdered in the basement every night when Dad is playing darts.

Maybe it's this invasion that has me so freaked out I scared myself last night when I was trying to fall asleep and had to turn on the light. I was lying in bed, trying to drift off into happy dreamland, when all of a sudden I started thinking about this movie I had seen. I don't know what it's called, but maybe you've seen it. It's a horror film based on a true story about a woman in the U.S. who keeps getting attacked and raped/ beat around by a demon spirit.

I saw it a long time ago, and have no idea what made me think about it. So, I'm lying there in the dark trying not to think about this movie that is supposedly based on true events because what if I somehow summon the thing here if I think about it too much. So, I'm trying to think about other more pleasant things and then I see the girl from The Ring climbing out of the well . . . Did you see The Ring? Man! Now, that's a scary movie! That's when I had to turn on the light and read a little bit longer to clear my head of terrible thoughts.

Good Lord! Why am I telling you all this and thinking about that crap again tonight?! I need to go play a video game or read a funny story or something before I turn out the light.

Mood: Creeped Out!
Drinking: Diet Pepsi
Listening To: Nothing :-( I don't have enough RAM to blog, listen to music, get email and download tunes
Hair: . . . Ummm, I'd rather not say

No comments: