Thursday, September 23, 2004

On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again . . .

Off to Fredericton again tomorrow and I'm really excited about it. Tomorrow night is the opening ceremony for the Alden Nowlan Literary Festival -- EVERYBODY is going to be there. I get to get dressed up. There's going to be lots of great food and wine and talented artists reading great poetry. It's my first one and I'm stoked. There's not much going on Friday until the evening so I think I'm going to go do a little shopping at the Regent Mall which is pretty close to my hotel. I need new running shoes for one thing and also could use some black printer ink. Ink is a hard thing to get in Miramichi, it's pretty scarce. But now that I'm doing the WFNB newsletter I need ink to print it out and send for photocopies.

All day I've been jotting little notes to myself, so I don't forget anything. Last week I forgot my anti-perspirant and had to get the front desk to bring me one. So, I've got all these little sticky notes around now and hopefully I'll remember everything tomorrow.

I took a few minutes today and added my reading list to the blog. It's over there to the side below my profile and stuff. If you don't have a very big screen you'll probably have to scroll to see it. At any given time I'm reading no less than two books, usually a mix of novels, short story collections, poetry, drama, memoir and biography. I don't usually get into two novels at the same time, although right now I'm finishing one off while I've already started the next. I read everyday, even if it's only for 10 or 15 minutes. It's the last thing I do before I go to sleep. I have trouble getting to sleep usually, so reading really helps. Anyway, I thought you might like to keep up with my reading habits and also that it would be cool to keep track of all the books. I'll try to write little opinions about them to keep it interesting for you :-)

Anyway, I'm off with a ton of stuff to do still before I can go to bed. I will blog in my notebook while I'm away and post it here when I return. Later!

Mood: Buoyant
Drinking: Tea
Listening To: the hum of my computer
Hair: CLEAN!! Finally.

No comments: