Monday, September 13, 2004

Granted a Reprieve

I gave in and laid down late this afternoon; I wasn't getting any work done anyway. Slept until 9:30 pm. Normally, I'm not much for napping in the evening, screws up my system, makes it impossible to sleep later, but today this was just what I needed. Feeling a lot better now that my bones got some rest. I also slept with my neck brace on which helps a lot sometimes to take the kinks out. Ready to dance now, baby! Too bad my radio stream keeps cutting in and out, but coming in pretty good for dial up I guess.

So, I got an email this evening from Mary at the WFNB that I'm kind of jazzed about. She wanted to know if I could come a bit earlier for the Ann-Marie MacDonald reading in case she needs help setting anything up and so on. Of course, I jumped on that. Anything that puts me in tighter with the writer crew is way cool in my book. When my novel is done, success or failure could come down to who I know not how good or bad the thing is written . . . because I mean we pretty much know it's going to pure genius, right? ;-)

Hey! Stop laughing.

In the mail today I finally got the first issue of NB Ink that I did. The copy job was not the best, I gotta say. Super dark on some pages, light on others. I'll have to take a few minutes before I do the December one and see what I can do to make it turn out better when it's reproduced, which percentage greyscale shows up best and so on. Judy (WFNB pres) emailed me and said she thought it was great, so I guess that's something. It was actually a lot of fun to do and extra cash is always good.

In other news I've exchanged a couple of emails with a new guy these past couple of days . . . if I were a sk8er girl I'd say he's "hawt", lol. Yeah, he's a cutie from his pics anyway. 24 years old. (I don't know what is up with me and the 24 year old guys! Is it because I'm entering into my sexual peak years and guys that age are right there with me?)Dark features and hair, which is good because quite frankly I have to get over that whole blonde thing. He's an English major (Can we say WRITER?!!) at Mount A. (HELLO SACKVILLE!!) He sent me a smile on one of those dating sites and we've exchanged a couple of messages. It's kind of cool, he's taking the classes I want to take so I've been picking his brains. Definitely a sign, confirmation that Sackville is the place, if nothing else. Don't you think? Apparently if I want to get into this particular creative writing course I've got my eye on, I have to submit a portfolio in the spring for the fall term. Good to know.

Anyway, time to get some work done since I slept the evening away. I've got a lot on the go with this Alden Nowlan Lit festival, website changes and the like.

Mood: Soaring
Drinking: Diet Pepsi
Listening To: Virgin Classic Rock Radio - Live from the UK (Walk this way, Aerosmith)
Hair: surprisingly soft and fluffy for being so dirty

No comments: