Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Meme Anyone?

Here's one going around. Play if you're bored.

1. name someone with the same birthday as you?
Armand Curtis, same day, same year, everything.

2. where was your first kiss?
My first kiss? Or my first REAL kiss? UGH! My first kiss really sucked. My second kiss too. In fact all kisses with that poor first boy were not good at all. And just when I was ready to write kissing off as one of those things that could never be as good as what other people made it out to be, I got kissed for real. First kiss happened while standing in the middle of the road between my house and Stacy's. First real kiss happened while sitting on a huge boulder back the tracks halfway to the M&W.

3. have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?
No . . . although we did tp Wilson's trees one Halloween. And we used to switch all Eric's lawn ornaments with his neighbor's . . . and they tried to blame us for destroying that little trailer in Howard's field . . . and it kinda seems like I remember blowing up a bottle of fingernail polish in Bradley's mother's microwave (but I'm not real sure that "really" happened or just in my head). But no, nothing serious. Although, I did have to leave the house one time so windows could be broken and buildings burned . . .

4. have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?

Yes. But he totally deserved it. It was the night I closed the club for good and took out all my stuff. The power had been off, the phone disconnected. It was a sad thing to say goodbye to the place. Lying in bed later, after hours of crying because deciding to end the biz was a huge and difficult decision, which totally turned my life upside down, and I didn't know if I did the right thing or not. It was probably the lowest day I'd ever had in my life up to that point and my boyfriend just couldn't resist the temptation to fuck with that. Lying in the dark beside him, trying to focus on the positive and get some sleep, when he matter-of-factly says he doesn't love me anymore. Like, "By the way, I know you're sad, but I'm done and you need to leave." I didn't even think about what I was doing. I slugged him in the stomach with a fist my daddy would proud of . . . and now, I'm so glad I did. I look back on that moment fondly, and with giggles.

5. have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Funny to be answering this tonight, because earlier this evening one of the women at the writers' meeting asked me if I sang, she could hear something in my laugh that would seem to indicate I'm able. Maybe with voice lessons. I used to sing at the club when we had karaoke, because it was my job to make a fool out of myself in order to encourage others to do it. Not large numbers though.

6. what's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?

Oh, this is so shallow I know. First thing I notice is height. It's no secret I like tall boys. Ever since I fell in love with the whole basketball team in seventh grade. All of my boyfriends minus two have stood at least six feet. But I'm not opposed to someone in the 5'9" range. Had one boyfriend that tall . . . I can't go any shorter though. I know, it's superficial, it's wrong . . . but the one guy that I did date who was the same height as me was a bit disastrous on all levels and I never ever did get comfortable with the fact that my legs were longer than his.

7. what really turns you on?

Everything! Kidding. Kinda. I'd have to say laughing. When I'm with someone and we get into a fit of giggles and can't stop, and then everything (no matter how serious) seems funny.

8. what do you order at starbucks?
I don't go to Starbucks, but I'm a regular coffee kinda gal, nothing fancy, no mochafrappachino thingys for me. Though I do prefer Brazilian beans over Columbian.

9. what is your biggest mistake?

So many mistakes, how to pick just one . . . but seriously, I don't really believe in mistakes per say. I think in terms of life lessons and if I didn't make the mistakes I have I wouldn't be where I am now. And I kinda like where I am now. Still if I had to pick one, I'd say it was turning down the offer my boss made before I moved home from Toronto. Would've drastically changed the course of my life. I quit my job and moved into a two bedroom apartment (with was it four other people?) in Moncton where I was appalled to learn temp agencies only paid $8/hour and full-time jobs were not a happening thing. Meanwhile, I could've took a six month sabbatical to visit my family and generally travel about the world, returning not to my job but to a higher paying, stock-holding Team Leader position (pay during sabbatical would be at the higher rate) and returning not to my apartment way to hell and back in Alderwood but a condo in North York where I could live rent-free for as long as I wanted, with an option to then buy if I so desired, and with a limo service to and from the office everyday. More business travel could be worked into my job description taking me to our offices in every major North American city as well as London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney, Australia. Is it any wonder I turned him down? I mean who could even digest such an offer? The more I refused, the more he added to the pot. It was insanity. That's the kind of thing that happens when you give young guys millions of dollars. It seriously makes me wonder what he really wanted? Or was it just that he didn't want to accept I couldn't be bought and he was determined to find my price no matter what it took? At any rate, I walked out on the whole deal, and it's probably my biggest mistake, but it's not a regret.

10. have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Absolutely.

11. say something totally random about yourself.
I have a scar just below my lip on the left-hand side of my face where I drove a block of wood completely through my face when I was three or four years old.

12. has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?

Kevin used to say I looked like Belinda Carisle from The Go-Go's and also Amanda from Another World, pretty much any celebrity with big cheeks and eyes he thought looked like me. It's kinda funny.

13. do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
With the kids sometimes, yeah.

14. did you have braces?

Nope. Only rich kids had braces when I was growing up.

15. are you comfortable with your height?
I am. But I'd love to be a few inches taller. Sometimes I wish I was really petite, but usually only when I'm in a squishy situation that could be avoided if my legs weren't so long. But this is rare.

16. what is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?

Romance lives? Shocking! . . . This is difficult, my track record with romantic sensitive guys kinda sucks, actually kinda doesn't exist. But there was that one time when Kevin stopped by Grand & Toy to pick up invoices or something for his construction business. It was the first time he'd ever been in that store but he thought of me because he knew I shopped there all the time and loved it, so he bought me a highlighter. It sounds cheesy, but it was really nice, the gesture I mean, well the highlighter too of course because Kevin's gifts were always the best that money could buy so he got me the nice one I would never have bought for myself. All these years and the most romantic thing is still the highlighter, that's just really sad.

17. when do you know it's love?
Too difficult. PASS.

18. do you speak any other languages?
I do not. But I'd like to speak Italian.

19. have you ever been to a tanning salon?
Hell no!

20. what magazines do you read?

Nothing regular but if I'm in the magazine mood I pick up The New Yorker, Vanity Fair or Jane usually.

21. have you ever ridden in a limo?

Not a stretch limo, not that I can recall.

22. has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Close yes, but not super close. Best friends, immediate family, all still here.

23. do you watch mtv?
No.

24. what's something that really annoys you?
People who think they're better than other people.

25. what's something you really like?

Red wine. Books. Music. Movies. Coffee.

26. do you like michael jackson?
Not even a little.

27. can you dance?
I can. But can I do it well? I dunno.

28. what's the latest you have ever stayed up?
All night and then all night again, it was something like 62-63 hours. And it happened more than once. It used to happen probably once every couple of weeks a few years back. Even still I do a lot of 36 hour sprints.

29. have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Not by ambulance but rushed by Kevin when I had kidney infection so bad it would've burst in another day or so without treatment.

30. do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
I do, I enjoy comparing answers.

Mood: procrastinating
Drinking: diet pepsi
Listening To: boys on the side
Hair: flippy

No comments: