Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Picking Up the Pieces

A brand new day. Grey. Cold. Dreary. Misty rain. Wilma due this afternoon. I've got to go out before then and do the runaround, get ready for the possibility of power failure, days of confinement in heavy rain, must restock my fridge.

Back to basics today. When all else fails and I feel like I'm losing it (see yesterday's rant) it's time to resurrect Gordie's Six Things. So today there is a list, prioritised in order of importance . . . only six things, the other 300'ish have been cleared from my brain. I will work on the first one until the day runs out or I complete it, whichever comes first. I will ignore email inquiries about the status of things or piling on new things. I've got my list and I'm sticking to it, no more dividing my time across a zillion projects with nobody seeing any results. Today results will be apparent . . . or I'll be back later for another rant worthy of high rankings in the google sex search string.

Mood: painful
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: David Bowie, The Man Who Sold the World
Hair: down and growing

No comments: