Wednesday, September 14, 2005

More Rock Star

Caught Rock Star INXS late last night, as the dog howled into the wee hours and the house filled with overnight guests. For the first time I actually think Susie could win this thing. She was awesome. And I can't get JD's song Pretty Vegas out of my head, it's such an INXS song though! I thought the Canadians really got the show off on a high note. And then there was Marty, all that boy has to do is look into the camera and I freak out. Got to hear an acoustic version of Trees, which was totally as good as the rock version. And Radiohead! C'mon! He nailed that song, I had chills. Maybe it's because I just saw The Rolling Stones, maybe it's because he followed my boy Marty, I dunno, but I wasn't feeling Mig's Paint it Black at all. His second song was better. And then of course when he tosses the jacket, you've gotta love him. But overall I think his performance was the weakest of the night and early voting had him in last place . . . so will Mig finally get into the bottom and sing an INXS song? That is the question. Next week is the finale with the top three and where the band picks their new lead singer. I'll miss this show when it's over. It's hard to get into Idol shows after watching this. They're not even in the same ballpark.

Mood: achy
Drinking: nuttin
Listening To: the wind whistle around the eaves of the house
Hair: missing the ponytails

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I too think Mig is gone tonight. Damnit! I LOVE him!! I mean, like you, I don't want Mig to win now. I don't think INXS appreciates him. But man, I wanted him to make it into the final three, just to see him again and so he can get even more exposure. And Marty, I mean come on! I just don't think they're going to choose him. Why choose an individual, when you can choose a puppet? Not to knock J.D. Obviously he has talent and someone out there likes him, but he's all like "Let me be you", where Marty and Mig are more "let's meet halfway".