Tuesday, September 13, 2005

S-A-D

Seasons changing. Shall I go for bright light therapy? Or just straight onto the anti-depressants? Hmm. It's a dilemma.

Feeling a little funky this week for sure. Could be the usual fall thing. Could be lingering remnants of shitty time in Barnbonia. Could also be related to poor diet caused by fridge devoid of anything green and leafy on said shitty visit . . . and zero dollars to replenish stocks on the homefront. Could be noticeable increase in joint stiffness and pain due to arthritis inflammation brought on by changing temperatures i.e. changing season.

I refuse to start taking medication again. I've been living quite the drug-free lifestyle since the move. ME! The 2700 mg ibuprofen per day queen. Who would've ever thunk it? I actually took one Advil the night of the concert while we were stuck in the parking lot for hours without food or water and I developed quite the little migraine. I took ONE Advil (what's that 200mg?) and it actually worked, headache begone!

It's just a little funk, not out and out depression or anything serious. No need to worry. Tomorrow I'll be up and flying high I'm sure, but today I'm working in my jammies, wearing my slippers, haven't combed my hair since first getting up this morning, craving a cigarette . . . that kind of thing. But anyone who knows me (Jenn in particular) has probably noticed how easily I slip in and out of these funky days.

In other news . . . one of the big names being thrown into the speculation surrounding a Magnetic Hill concert next year is McCartney! How awesome would that be? Would that even bring the likes of my mother out? I wonder.

I wrote an entry on the Bread 'n Molasses Blog about the creative writing workshop, for anyone who's interested in all the details. Also looking for ideas for the next one, if you have any, post them there in the comments.

If you haven't been following Joe's blog lately, go visit cuz you're in for a huge treat. The boy is in residence at the casemate and writing poetry right out straight. At the rate of three poems per day, will have another book out of this gig, which is awesome.

The NBLC has a couple of events coming up this fall that I so need to attend, especially the Wine and Food Expo in Moncton. How cool is that?

Tomorrow at least I'll be forced to get dressed and get out of the house. Must walk to the Irving to pick up package from WFNB coming on the bus. Perhaps swing by liquor store while out there for brandy to take the chill out of my bones. Maybe there will even be a cheque, which might bring more cheer than liquor even. And tomorrow evening is Sackville Writers' Group meeting, where I get to meet everyone finally. They are doing some sort of Roving Poets thing for the annual Fall Fair here in Sackville. Apparently you don't have to be a poet to participate, you read other people's poetry and not usually your own. I don't know that I have any confidence in myself to read anyone's poetry . . . think I'll just watch this time around. Wish someone would come visit me to hang out for Fall Fair . . . Trish? Stacy? Jenn? . . . Anyone? . . . There is always Lee I suppose, he's been wanting to visit, a fair is an occasion for a visit afterall.

This Friday night there is jazz at George's Roadhouse and I so want to go. But I'm chicken to go out there by myself. It's so desolate. And a stone's throw from the legion which was robbed at knifepoint last Thursday. I don't know what's wrong with me. It never bothered me to go places alone at home. I used to always be alone, hook up with whoever I happened to run into and have crazy adventures. What is so different about here? I could go for a set surely . . . couldn't I? Maybe I will meet someone interesting, a whole lot of interesting people, people who love the blues . . . and maybe even red wine. How will I ever meet new people if I'm afraid to go out alone? I don't know.

There is another event tomorrow at the swan pond that I wouldn't hesitate to attend alone. But I have the writers thing at the same time, so I'll miss it, though it looks mighty cool.

Boys are cooking/burning supper next door. Beef I think. Very well done.

Mood: uncertain
Drinking: california merlot 2003
Listening To: Madonna, Evita Soundtrack (Another Suitcase in Another Hall)
Hair: craving

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

McCartney?!?.....Are you really serious? Or just toying with me?

Joe Blades said...

so, are you going to be one of the rantin' rovin' robbies?