Thursday, September 15, 2005

My World Today

The Sackville Film Society starts tonight with a showing of Saint Ralph. No time to catch this one, I'm afraid. I'm bogged down with many other things. Plus I generally don't go in for these types of stories, though lord knows I love Gordon Pinsent and Campbell Scott. Still I'm excited the film society has started up again. I'm hoping Murderball will be on the schedule. At some point I'm gonna see films with subtitles on a big screen! This never happened in Miramichi. How excited am I?!

I did a little Sears Outlet shopping the other day, where you can often get stuff at 70-80% clearance. I needed new running shoes and jeans. Also winter boots, but I couldn't find any I liked. Since my move I've dropped a full size and I'm getting to the point where I can no longer pretend these jeans fit me anymore, talk about baggy butt! So I went into the tickle trunk and brought out smaller pants saved for just this occasion and as it turns out they're not going to last long if I continue on this trend. They too are loose, should've been brought out sometime over the summer. So I need some new clothes.

One pair of pants remains in the trunk. I didn't try them on, there's no way they can fit. I haven't worn them since Brent's wake and they were pretty damn tight then but the only black pants I owned at that time. This of course was during the first six months of quitting smoking and the immobility of that major arthritis flare that totally kicked my ass for about a year. Oh yes, and the major depression I had after September 11th, mustn't forget that, it had quite the impact.

I remember I was losing a little weight then, had just gotten back into these pants (and once I'm comfortably into that size I'm where I'm supposed to be, at my healthiest weight). Then Brent killed himself and those pants were worn for the last time to his wake and then I totally blew up. My metabolism became non-existent (the ravages of smoking). Even as I exercised everyday to get through the arthritis and ate healthier I continued to blow up. It was super depressing to totally be doing everything right and to just continually grow larger regardless. So then I'd fall off the wagon and eat nothing but ice cream for a month until my arthritis would flare and I'd have to address it or not be able to function. It's taken a really long time to get my body to respond, but now it feels like we're gravitating toward our natural weight again. Finally!

And the upside is I get to buy new clothes. Yay!

Trying to put my house in order today, declutter my workspace so I can totally focus on work. Things are trickling in from the Miramichi Writers' today for their anthology. This is an exciting project! And I've got lots of editing projects in various stages of completion. Plus bnm and ink. I forgot the garbage again yesterday. The dish fairy blew me off again this week. Lots to do. Ciao!

Mood: ascending
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: Pink Floyd, Money
Hair: slicked to my scalp

No comments: