Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ophelia

The right side of my body knows Ophelia's around. Wrist and knee full of woe. Unusual, the left side should've alerted me days ago . . . but still has perfect motion.

Sackville is under Heavy Rainfall Warning. Amherst too, but they've also got a Tropical Storm warning. A stone's throw away practically (9km) and yet we don't get the Storm watch. How do they decide the boundaries?

I hoped it wouldn't be raining so heavy so early, that I could scoot to market for coffee and goodies, then pick up sears parcel. But it's really coming down and has been since I got up shortly after 8 this a.m. No major wind yet, just the usual, but Environment Canada says up to 70km/h . . . I don't know, is that wicked?

There's a crazy blue jay outside, landing in the eaves (eating spiders I hope), coming crazy close to my windows. What manner of bad luck would that bring? If a jay beat himself silly on my window? Not good, for sure.

Mood: sleepy
Drinking: coffee still
Listening To: Billie Holiday, Lady Sings the Blues
Hair: harnessed in white scrunchie

No comments: