Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Chores?! Ewww!

I got up at a decent time this morning. I had set my alarm last night when I realised I forgot to take out the trash and there were way too many June Bugs flying around to chance it at midnight like I did last week. I've actually been waking up really early on my own since I got here . . . like a baby, I haven't been sleeping through the night. But last night I slept pretty good, only woke a couple of times, and still got up before my alarm actually went off.

Lugging the trash to the curb I ran into my landlord's general contractor, who does all the renovations for him . . . there seem to be a lot of people who help him out. I see them all the time. He hasn't been here at all since I moved though. It's really quiet here most of the time with just me. I'm getting totally spoiled. In the fall a bunch of people are leasing his house (3 guys and a girl or vice versa, university faculty or grad students I think). It might be nice to know there are people right here with me in case anything happens . . . but on the other hand it's going to get much louder I would think.

I'm trying to get up the zest to walk all the way to the grocery store on the edge of town. It's a Co-Op and I think it's less expensive than the Save-Easy downtown. I actually was able to buy some pork chops there last week, whereas I've never seen any affordable meat at the Save-Easy. If I don't go today, I'll have to wait until Friday and I'm out of coffee cream . . . soooo, I'm gonna have to get my crap together and just do it. Maybe if I take my time, my legs won't swell too bad. Last night walking to the bank and to my course, my legs really hurt. They were terribly swollen and they still hurt quite a bit today. It's the temperature change again, from damp and cold to glorious heat. I'll adjust soon I'm sure. As long as the weather holds.

There's a spider trying to capture a house fly on my skylight (mental note -- buy Raid! Go quick!) I opened the skylight hoping that the fly would escape, that the spider might leave as well, go sun himself on the roof or something. But the fly is too stupid to find his way out and the spider is too smart to give up the hunt.

Mood: my knees are on fire
Drinking: Coffee
Listening To: Styx, Crystal Ball
Hair: Return of the Scrunchie!

No comments: