Friday, June 10, 2005

Take a Little Time

I've been really busy the past couple of days with work, finishing the WFNB newsletter, my night class, and just general living. I walked all the way out to the Irving yesterday afternoon to put the WFNB newsletter on the bus to Edmundston. It is a long haul on a hot afternoon, I gotta say. But I made it without taking a heat stroke. Decided since it was Thursday and I'd probably want a glass of wine on the weekend that I might as well go to the liquor store while I was out there, stock up and take a cab home. So, I did that. Went to class last night. Read my short story The Voice because she had assigned a theme to the readings and wanted work dealing with dreams or resulting from dreams. Got some good feedback I guess. I've got four stories printed out and ready to be mailed to various magazines for consideration. I'm getting pretty aggressive with my submitting this year, going after the highest paying markets (because I need the cash!) and then the lower paying ones. Hopefully, something will stick somewhere. Today, I even did some exercises earlier! Yay for me! Got a full afternoon planned. Lots to do so I'd better get to it.

Mood: Fully Conscious
Drinking: Tea with 1%
Listening To: The View on TV because Rosie is guest-hosting and the Broadway cast from Glengarry Glen Ross are on including Alan Alda
Hair: Recently laundered

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I keep missing Rosie on The View! By some of the comments on her blog, it seemed like she really spoke her mind and maybe gave the girls a hard time? Did you watch Hit Me Baby One More Time last night? Is it just me or did Vanilla Ice's supposed cover of "I'm A Survivor", have like none of the same words to Destiny Child's song except the actual words I'm a survivor? Funny to watch him perform "Ice,Ice Baby" after watching him on The Surreal Life.

Simply Kel said...

Yeah, she really spoke her mind with the Republican politician on there the other day . . . and that Elizabeth! I just don't get her . . . she's against the government paying for stem cell research because it isn't necessary but she said the war in Iraq was necessary. I don't know is she just young and naive? I honestly never believed there was such a thing as a young republican, but I guess she belongs to the club.

I watched Hit me Baby last night and yeah Vanilla Ice totally changed the words, which must be allowed. I have to say watching that Jet cover tune made me cringe. It was just soooo bad. Some stars need to stay in retirement I think.