Friday, June 17, 2005

Return of the Kellie

Well in a rather sudden decision I'm heading back to Miramichi this afternoon on the train. Just for the weekend. My grandmother has been in the hospital for awhile now, but apparently has taken a turn for the worse. I'm not going home so I get to visit her or anything like that (not visiting Grandad near the end turned out to be the "right" decision for me). But a little birdie whispered in my ear that my mother might like to have me around just now, so I'm going. Will return on Sunday or Monday I guess, not sure yet, I suppose it depends on the situation, whether or not she passes on the weekend.

Frankly, I don't think she's there yet . . . I just don't feel it. And neither does Jenn. But we might be in for a shock. The fact is Mom believes the time is now and has gone into complete grief and sadness mode. So, that's why I'm going home. Plus it's Father's Day weekend . . . so why not, eh? I won't be blogging from there, I'll be computerless. So, have a great weekend! I'll be back next week.

Mood: frazzled
Drinking: nothing yet, coffee brewing
Listening To: the washer
Hair: loosely tied back

No comments: