Sunday, June 12, 2005

Trouble Right Here in River City

So yesterday was a bit of a wash and I didn't get to do any of the things I had planned like go to the market, buy a dvd, and so on. There is a new Tantramar Community Market happening from noon until 3 today (and every Sunday) at the Civic Centre but it's wet out there with chances of thundershowers this afternoon, soooo I'm not up for the walk. There was a plumbing guy here all day yesterday running in and out of my apartment working on stuff that's why I had to stay home. Today I notice a much diminished water pressure in my kitchen. Hmmm. Hopefully it'll be okay.

The day wasn't a complete wipe-out though, in the middle of the afternoon I looked out my door just in time to see a HUGE partridge stroll across the driveway and around the garage. HUGE! Much larger than any I've seen around Mom's place. And he wasn't fluffed up drumming or anything either. He was just THAT big. I wished I had a camera for the zillionth time since moving and decided when my WFNB cheque arrives later this week I will seek one out and make the purchase. It's about time I had some technology and was able to share pictures on here.

Later in the evening I played pool with Carol on Pogo which was a good laugh. No, we're not great pool players or anything, but every week they challenge you to play games and win badges and this week one of the badges was pool. So basically our games consisted of Carol illegally sinking the 8 (because she already had her badge) so I would get the win and eventually accumulate enough wins to get the badge. It took a couple of hours. But we had a good time. It's kinda fun to play games together and chat. Jason won't play with me though. He says I didn't have time to play with him when I lived just across the road, so he doesn't have time to play with me now because he's got other people to play with. Which is fine. Fine. I'm a bit of a loner anyway. I like playing solitary games like mahjong. But pool was great fun with Carol. I laughed so hard and the windows were all open that I thought any neighbors out and about might pop over to see what all the excitement was about.

Being here alone, not having anyone to call, not even being able to call my sisters or my mom everytime something pops into my head is . . . well WONDERFUL!! But it can also be kinda lonely in a way that I never quite expected. I guess we all need human interaction on some level and I'm not ready to run off into the woods and become a hermit just yet. It's the not having anyone to tell things too. I'm a saver. I keep things until later, the next time I see you, and then I blurt out all this stuff that I've been saving just for you. It's hard to do that when weeks are going by, I can't store all the data. So I guess that's why I'm blogging more. Not that I'm spilling any earth-shattering juicy stuff . . . but it kinda feels like I'm having a conversation with someone . . . and I guess we all need that a bit more than I ever thought.

Mood: Optimistic
Drinking: Coffee and it's yummy! I could use a coffee grinder though, cause then I could buy some of those fantastic organic beans from the coffee shop and grind up a perfect cup! That would be exciting.
Listening To: My ears are fine tuned searching the airwaves for distant grumbles of thunder so I can shut down and retreat to the safety of my bedroom without windows, cuddle in the corner with a good book and assure myself that I am not terrified of storms or tornados.
Hair: On a positive note, the water is softer here, so my hair is too. And it's holding the colour, not bleaching out to that crazy strawberry blonde colour that everyone and their dog has told me is the BEST colour on me yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The not playing with u on pogo was a joke. I bet I can whip your ass antyime in any game on any given day. And the real players do not belong to Club Pogo - la dee da. They play in the general population.

later :)

Simply Kel said...

I'm game! I will send you a trial membership to Club Pogo and then we'll see where the "real" players are playing . . .