Sunday, June 05, 2005

What's Cooking?

I'm cooking supper. I really love cooking . . . and surprisingly I don't even mind cleaning up after myself. I LIKE doing the dishes. Who would've thunk it? I guess I'm just basking in the glow of actually having my own dishes to wash. They've always been somebody else's, never mine and just mine before. Tonight, I'm cooking pork chops and rice (brown rice, not any of that instant stuff from a box). I always cook WAY too much, so I only need to cook twice a week and I'm covered with left-overs the rest of the time. My new skillet is lovely! All my pots and pans are a joy to work with actually. If I had more cash I would buy more food and experiment with different dishes. But for now I have to stick to what's affordable, and what I know I'll enjoy for sure.

I've been busy all weekend, working. Finished bnm yesterday finally. Trying desperately to finish up NB Ink now. Tony's are on tonight . . . but it seems like there's something else I watch on Sundays . . . can't think of what it is though, but I'll probably stumble upon it if I've got time for watching shows later.

Baptised my apartment last night . . . NO, I did not have a gorgeous hunk over for a night of romping around on the queen-size (and I mean mattress, not me). I watched my first viewing of Lost in Translation. I cannot truly say I'm living somewhere until I've watched certain films in that setting. Lost in Translation is one, Vanilla Sky is another and of course Fight Club but I'm inclined to add one more to my list of staples -- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I'll have to find time to watch all of these sometime over the next week or two.

But last night I watched Bill Murray and once again I laughed and empathised and cried and felt like I was travelling, felt like I was in a hotel. I just love that movie! She really captures that feeling of travel, when you reach out to anything and anyone that feels familar, safe, and you're not quite yourself and you're not quite someone else and you form these bonds and friendships with people you would never meet otherwise and you'll never meet again.

Mood: Hungry
Drinking: Coffee
Listening To: the sizzle of pork chops in the kitchen
Hair: beyond redemption

No comments: