Friday, June 03, 2005

Hammer to Fall

Mom, Sherry, Paulina and Anna visited me for a few hours yesterday. Mom didn't have to stay at the hospital, which was good, but still the doctor only "thinks" he knows what's wrong with her, they didn't run any tests . . . and she has more pills to take . . . has to come back in a couple of weeks for a check up. So, fingers crossed that this round of medication makes a difference.

We went to Wendy's for lunch and once again this Sackville Wendy's redeems the chain. I'm telling you if you're in Moncton and you're thinking of eating at Wendy's, get on that highway and drive the half-hour to the one in Sackville, because there is simply no comparison. I had a baked potato with broccolli and cheese. Haven't had one of those in forever. Yummy!

We took the girls to the swan pond and watched the swans and ducks swimming around. They enjoyed that. The kids really liked my apartment, though they got a little confused when it came time for them to go home . . . I think they thought I'd be going too. I think Mom felt better seeing the place with my stuff in it and knowing that I'm not homesick or anything. I got a little lump in my throat seeing the kids drive away though . . . it's the only tinge of homesickness since I got here. But I mist up just looking at the kids sometimes, when they say something particularly cool or cute. I guess I'm just a sentimental old fool when it comes to nieces and nephew. It was a nice little visit though and nobody got hurt on the steps :-)

I need to rest my legs -- BIG TIME! My hip is way out of whack and my knees are a mess. Everytime I go up that hill I swell to the size of I don't what. I don't need to go to the university again until Tuesday . . . and I just bought groceries to do me for two weeks . . . so I'm settling in for a nice resting of my legs cause they need it. When I get like this I need to take it easy or it just gets worse.

The trouble is I haven't been able to take it easy at all this past two weeks. I've had to go, go, go, to stay on top of the moving, the cleaning, the shopping, and everything, which wouldn't have been a problem if the weather had been stable and I hadn't been in flare. But to go like that when my body is telling me not to can be bad, it just makes the flare last longer and be more painful. So, the question is can I stay home, resting and stretching but not doing mega-hours of housework or computing work in a single sitting, until Tuesday evening when I have to go to class? We'll see.

It would probably be the best thing to do but I really wanted to go to the Market tomorrow morning . . . and I wanted to check out the library . . . and find the paint store . . . and see if Frenchy's has any nice summer clothes . . . and go to the Jean Coutu for Raid and things . . . and . . .

Mood: Optimistic
Drinking: Coffee with cream
Listening To: Queen (we're not worthy!)
Hair: Unruly

No comments: