Saturday, June 25, 2005

Impossible to Follow

My alarm went off this morning at 7:30 and I got up, what is the world coming to? Actually, I have been awake off and on since 4:30 so it's not as big a deal as it sounds. I went to bed pretty early last night, couldn't work or watch tv because of thunderstorms, so I tried to read but drifted off instead.

Dreamed about shopping at the old Met. I was buying some sort of gift for Stacy for her birthday. I was going away (Toronto, I think) and wouldn't be here for the party, so I was going to get the gift and have my mom give it to her on her birthday. There were these annoying scruffy looking punk-ass teenage boys in the store. I didn't like them. They were kinda scary, menacing.

In the next scene I arrived home at my mom's house very late and everyone was in bed. I went to my bedroom and found my brother sleeping in my bed. When I opened the bedroom door, the stench of vomit assaulted me. I turned on the light and saw that he had puked EVERYWHERE!! I screamed and he woke up, mumbled something about this not being his fault and then went into his own bed leaving me to clean up the mess. It stank! Really, really, really bad. And it was chunky, like he had just eaten a ton of food, nothing digested. The ordeal of stripping the bed, scrubbing the mattress, turning it, airing out the room, etc. seemed to go on forever.

I went to another room to crash but when I opened the door I saw that my Grammie Underhill was sleeping there. I thought that was very odd but before I had time to inquire about this further, there was a loud knock at the door. I went and opened it, seeing who it was slipped outside on the step so as to not wake everyone. It was a bunch of my cousins -- Christina, Patricia, Corrie, Liane, Raelene, Margie, Carol, Sandy, Janice and Joy -- and they were all drunk, staggering around the yard, wanting to come in and stay for awhile. I was a little bit angry they didn't invite me to whatever sort of party they were celebrating but more consumed with keeping them quiet, away from the house and not waking up everyone inside.

Just then a car came speeding down the road, turned into my driveway and crashed onto the lawn just missing the house. The doors opened and Stacy got out with those teenage boys I had seen at the Met store earlier. She was staggering drunk, singing, yelling "Hundred dollar Halloween car, Kel! Whaddya think?" But it was her appearance that stopped me in my tracks -- she was malnourished, anorexic-looking. Her bones protruded at sharp angles and looked painful. She staggered up to me and I grabbed her by her little shoulders feeling she would crumble beneath me if I used any force. "My God! What happened to you?" I asked. But I never got an answer because Liane had broken into the house and was waving everyone in, "Come on! Party at Uncle Blaine's!" and then the yard started filling with cars and people started going into the house. Some I knew, many I didn't.

In the next scene, Stacy and I are both shopping at the Met, but she's back to normal size. We're looking at maternity clothes and I see the shirt I bought for her birthday. She likes it and wants to go try it on but I'm discouraging her. It's pink. I remind her she doesn't think she looks good in pink so she puts it down. Out of the corner of my eye I see a bunch of teenage punk-ass boys and wonder why they are in the maternity section.

The End. Alarm goes off. I get up.

But I wonder if this was a dream/nightmare within a dream. It seemed that way.

Mood: Sunshiny
Drinking: All outta joe, cuppa tea instead
Listening To: John Mellencamp, Pink Houses
Hair: Soon to be washed

No comments: