Friday, July 22, 2005

By Request

And because I'm leaving for the weekend and will blog no more . . .

A subject close to my heart . . . Sleeping

1. Are your dreams usually in black and white or color?

Colour, always.

2. How many pillows do you usually sleep with?

Three

3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, the last dream you remember having?

Ummm, I've kind of been doing the coma sleep thing lately. The last dream I would've remembered I probably posted here. The Matt Damon one was good. Oh wait, I remember one I had last week that I don't think I posted. It was after the whole too arty for my book thing (yes Jenn, I know, I know, I've over it) That night I dreamed that Joe showed me piece of orange bristol board that was boxed off like a scoreboard, like something I would've done to keep track of a season of pool tournaments at the Powertrack. There were a bunch of names running down the left side, dates across the top, and then scores in the grid. My name was on the list with some really high scores. It turned out that there was some sort of open mic reading tournament going on every week and I had been participating. The audience voted for the pieces they thought were the most artistic. The season was nearly over and I had a substantial lead. Joe was like a cartoon character almost in his enthusiasm, giving me the thumbs up signal as he said, "See Kellie! You're doing great! Keep it up!" Too friggin' funny! But again, just goes to show how freaked out I was by that comment. It seeped into my dreams.

4. Do you share a bedroom with another person?

Nope, it's all mine!

5. What do you wear to bed? Do you wear pjs?

Not usually, only when company is around or I'm sleeping over someplace. Usually I just sleep in a t-shirt.

6. Do you have any habits that you do before going to sleep? Such as listening to music, reading, praying, etc?

I usually read for about 15 minutes.

7. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? If so, what type of stuffed animal is it?

Actually, there is a coyote in my bed come to think of it.

8. What time do you usually go to sleep and when do you wake up?

Anywhere from 1-5 a.m. I go to bed, and I've been getting up between 7 and 10. I sleep around five hours usually.

9. What color blankets do you use when you sleep?

Purple

10. Finally... Have you ever woken up from a dream and thought that it really happened? If so, what was the dream and how did you react to it?

I have, I guess. I mean it must've been a dream, right? It couldn't be real because that would just be crazy . . . I think I suffer from something called sleep paralysis, where you're sleeping and thus paralysed and dreaming but also conscious at the same time. So dreams and the real world come together. Either that or I've been probed by aliens, fondled by spirits, and so on. What happened was I would feel someone get into bed beside me at night as I was trying to fall asleep. I would feel the blankets lift as the person climbed in beside me. I could feel the length of his body against mine, feel his arm and leg drape me as we spooned. This happened a few times and absolutely freaked the hell out of me, scared me to death, but I wouldn't be able to move or talk or anything. Once I felt his whiskers against my neck and once his breath against my ear as he said my name. I was terrified of this being. But it's so much nicer to think I was just dreaming, in sleep paralysis of course, because when I would suddenly snap out of it and move there was no coming to consciousness that you normally experience when you're dreaming. I would just suddenly be able to roll away or say something but my eyes would already be open and I'd be looking at the same wall I had been all along. In the movement, the being would vanish. Too many drugs when I was a kid? . . . OR not enough as an adult? This is the question.

Anyone top that for weirdness?

No comments: