Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tidbits

Today someone asked me how old I am, guessing me at mid to late twenties. Nothing wrong with that! Apparently I have a youthful glow about me when I'm without make-up, functioning on minimal sleep and living on the red wine diet. Good to know! Perhaps I should incorporate some of this into my daily routine when I get home. I'm already wondering how late the bus will get in . . . whether I'll be able to catch the liquor store in Sackville and grab something a little high-end to cap the week and begin the decompression. And do I ever need to decompress! Quickly. I've got to put BnM to bed as soon as I get there, get something off to the girls for the workshop on Thursday or Friday right away, figure out when they're coming, find a room ... and the nightmare of unpacking! A week's worth of laundry. Cleaning. Cob webs from those crazy spiders. Some necessary decorating. Something for S&G's housewarming party next weekend. Travel arrangements to Blackville. Oh dear God! I just remembered I have to call Marilyn to get together for coffee this week. Jehovah! I'm exhausted and the Energizer Bunny all at the same time.

Reading went well, got the nods and murmurs at the end that you do sometimes when people get it and a good round of applause. I read early, third in fact, then tried not to fall asleep over the two hours it took to get through everyone else. Some very entertaining stuff. I do think I might have fared better in Sue's group based on what her participants read. No genre, very abstract stuff. The people who write for kids really seem to have a lot of fun. It's very warm here so I'm lingering in the air conditioned computer room. But I really should go and do some stuff, prepare for cocktail hour.

The next time I blog I'll be in Sackville! Getting there could be a bitch though . . . but still, I'm looking forward to getting back to real life.

P.S. I think I figured out how I can do the story my way, yet not lose all the people who don't think like me in the process! Can't wait to get started.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

......just because you're a writer, doesn't mean you have to drink alcohol everyday. lol. You know,....you CAN write like Hemingway and not BE Hemingway. lol.......just a thought.