Saturday, July 02, 2005

This Could Be The Best Day

Motley Crue is doing Dr. Feelgood right now. Saw the Who earlier in London. Also Robbie Williams was delightful. The crowd in Barrie booed Celine . . . I'm not much for her myself . . . but I think there's a time and place for booing and Live 8 isn't one of them. Her heart is kind of in the right place regardless of how you feel about her.

How about Gordon Lightfoot?! I think it was awesome that he was there and looking quite well too. I love him, he's such a Canadian icon and he sang some of my all-time favourite songs. I thought I saw a familiar face in the audience when he was performing. I did a quick double-take . . . and it was either who I think it was . . . or one of those freaky twin situations.

Really enjoyed Our Lady Peace and Jet and what about Jann Arden? Man, she was so emotional she couldn't even hardly stand to stay on the stage . . . and left before the music ended. With the mascara tears streaming down her cheeks, leaking out from behind her sunglasses, I cried again. What an emotional day I'm having! I'm not sure if she was crying for personal reasons related to that song and her parents or she was overcome by the enormity of the situation, but it was an emotional performance for sure.

I called my mother when Blue Rodeo was on to tell her to watch. Then added her and my dad's names to the list. Have you signed it yet? . . .

No comments: