Monday, July 18, 2005

Homecomings

I'm back in Sackville. Unproductive bus ride. No sleep yet. Body swollen with humidity. Was buoyant upon arrival, faded fast with some bad news. Fingers crossed, sending all my positive energy to Miramichi today. All my thoughts are with Stacy.

Coming home is good. I love the way I get excited everytime coming into the Tantramar. The place makes me happy. Love the easy way I feel at home here. After a lifetime of being uncomfortable in my own skin, of never feeling like I belonged, of searching for answers -- it's all coming together.

On a positive note I had some good news, ironic perhaps, but good. Got a little face time with the workshop co-ordinator on Sunday. She had meant to tell me earlier in the week, but we never connected. The scholarship I received was the one from Goose Lane . . . the one the committee gives to the writer they believe has submitted the best writing of all the participants. Nice way to end the workshop.

I read the funeral scene from LiL at the Odd Sundays reading yesterday. Kind words from "real" authors, including William Hawkins. Kinda awesome.

More positive news, I'm doing a workshop in Blackville at the Access Centre for sure. Creative Writing. It's on a Thursday night in September. I'll have more details later. Exciting.

Full stories to follow tomorrow.

Mood: bottoming out
Drinking: fountain pop from Wendy's restaurant from 3 hours ago with all the ice melted
Listening To: Bob Dylan, Fourth Time Around; John Mellencamp, Check It Out from The Lonesome Jubilee Tour (I saw him in the Gardens); Barry White, My Everything; Henry Mancini, Baby Elephant Walk; Rick Springfield, I Need You (which is apparently super rare); Stevie Nicks, Edge of Seventeen; John Mellencamp, Rumble Seat; Bon Jovi, Rich Man Living in a Poor Man's House; Def Leppard, Miss You in a Heartbeat (chronologically, not simultaneously)
Hair: Seriously fucked up . . . very mad scientist

No comments: