Sunday, July 31, 2005

New Characters

Have I told you about the new characters I'm living with? I'm just so excited with this bunch. They have nothing to do with Callum and Limbo, it's not part of the pseudo-novel thingy I've been working on forever. This is brand spanking new stuff, and I'm stoked!

It's funny and light, like some sort of cheesy romantic comedy . . . though I do not see Merrin as being played by Meg Ryan . . . she'd be more like a young Cyndi Lauper or Annie Potts . . . I'm trying to think of a younger actress who could do her . . . aha! Of course! Kate Winslet! Merrin is kind of like Clementine only . . . weirder? And Duff is definitely no John Cusack (too tall for starters), though Greg Kinnear might do him nicely . . . Matt Damon maybe, though he's a bit more buff than the role demands . . . Ewan MacGregor might do in a pinch . . . not sure Jude Law would be believable . . . hmmm, Philip Seymour Hoffman, that might really work . . . but wait! Hold the presses! I've got it! The perfect Duff would be played by Joaquin Phoenix! Excellent.

Of course, I'm not actually writing a screenplay. It's a short story at best. Still . .. it's fun to cast all the roles in my head.

No comments: