Friday, July 29, 2005

Citrus Seizure

I could use some drugs . . . brain pain. Sometimes I wonder if I could put together BnM while I was high on amphetamines or coke or something uplifting and energising . . . but I don't think I could sit still long enough to accomplish anything. Unless I went into one of those really focused episodes . . . kidding folks, it's just the tunes getting to my adled brain. I have no drugs in my pocket.

I'm smelling things though -- citrus fruit, cigarette smoke -- it's maddening. I don't know where the citrus thing is coming from. I've got lemons in a bag in the refrigerator downstairs, but they are whole, not sliced . . . and they're in the friggin' refrigerator downstairs! Maybe it's coming in the window. I dunno. Driving me nuts though.

The smoke smell is easier explained as the man who owns the house is a journalist from Montreal. Still, he hasn't been here in a couple of weeks, so the workmen must've stirred up the smell being in there today. I do hope the college boys don't smoke . . . they can have parties, bring home a different giggly girl every night, be generally disruptive and rude . . . but PLEASE no cigarettes! Or I will have to relocate.

These smells are like really strong cheap perfume, giving me a headache, but there's nothing to be done about them.

This issue of BnM seems to be killing slowly and with great attention to detail. Murphy's Law is in high gear. I thought I would've been finished on Tuesday . . . it is now what? Friday morning in the wee hours? I'm trying not to think about it too much, because the more I do, the more I screw up. What can I say? I've got Warren in my blood! I can't help but be late.

Mood: a little slow on the uptake right there now
Drinking: green apple soda (an interesting find at the Save-Easy the other day, still deciding whether I like it or not)
Listening To: The Monks, Drugs in my Pocket followed by Rod Stewart, You're in My Heart and Sheryl Crow, All I Wanna Do (some oldies coming out of winamp tonight!) followed by a Traditional Italian Tango (quite the mix, but so far the only piece that's got me dancing) and now the theme from The Twilight Zone (that's just bizarre) then more Italian with Umberto Tozzi, Ti Amo then some Big Band Swing and finishing up with a little Jimmy Rankin, Follow Her Around (perfect, I'm singing now and awake once again, mission accomplished)
Hair: half-up, half-down a.k.a. the almost finished bnm look

No comments: