Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Fabulous Gay Wedding

Every week I tune into My Fabulous Gay Wedding after Dancing with the Stars . . . in the beginning because there just wasn't anything else on besides the news . . . but now because I must confess I just love these weddings! They are fabulous! And they happen in Toronto and it's all very real. I could imagine myself at one of these events. Every week I bawl my eyes out. With Stacy's nuptials coming right up too I'm in the marriage frame of mind, worried about my hair and dress. My God! She's getting married on Aug 19th and I've got nothing! Breathe. Breathe. It'll be okay. I always look good in green. Surely something can be done to tame these wild locks of mine. And it's not about me anyway, it's all about her. Stacy's having a day and I'm allowed to participate! Oh the excitement! I'm overjoyed.

And speaking of overjoyed. How happy was I that Kelly won tonight on Dancing with the Stars?! Not that I didn't love John, because I did. But I was a Joey fan all the way and if Joey couldn't win . . . then I was voting for the long shot and that was Kelly. I hear that Fox has seized upon the concept and are launching their own version, Skating with the Stars . . . same thing only figure skating I presume. I am a fan of figure skating . . . so, we'll have to wait and see on that one. Has Big Brother started yet? Every year I swear I'm not going to get sucked into the Big Brother house . . . and every year I am SOOOO sucked into the Big Brother house. What is wrong with me? I'm a cheesy reality show addict. I NEVER watch Survivor anymore because it doesn't excite me, same old/same old, yet I can't wait to see what's going to happen in Hell's Kitchen next and I'm dying to see if the girl will go with the Average Joe this time around. The only classy reality show I watch is The Amazing Race . . . it's tops in my books, I'd give up all the rest if I had to choose between them and it . . . unless of course Rob and Amber were out doing something or Trista and Ryan . . . yeah, those reality couples really suck me in.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for mindless tv. I caught an episode of CTV's new show Robson Arms on Friday night (with a cast surprisingly familar from Corner Gas) and I thought it was really good. Very entertaining. Funny! I like it when Canadians make their own shows. We're really good at it. We've been making good shows down in the U.S. forever, it's about time we started doing them here. If only there was money to be made from such things . . . on an equal calibre I mean. Even footing with the U.S. then maybe all of our talent wouldn't migrate south. On Showcase the other night while I waited for the new episode of Queer as Folk (which I LOVE! So sad I'm only discovering this show in its last season. Must get DVDs!) there was a show called Slings and Arrows, which I've never seen before, is obviously Canadian, and has probably since been cancelled because this episode was copyright 2003 . . . I LOVED it!! It's about a theatre festival like Stratford and all the craziness that goes on with actors, directors, the festival board, etc. I had a good laugh.

Yes I know . . . I watch entirely too much television . . . it is a weakness.

Mood: sleepy
Drinking: cheap south american shiraz to help me sleep (medicinal purposes only)
Listening To: the keyboard keys clicking under my fingers as I tap out my message to you and only you
Hair: it's a problem . . .

No comments: