Sunday, July 03, 2005

Trailer Park Dudes

Sunday night anxiety is dogging me already and it's only 10:30 . . . and the neighbor dudes are shooting off fireworks, which DOES NOT help . . . I made a list of all the stuff I need and want to accomplish this week and it wouldn't fit on a single page, I had to cram. Thought this would make me feel better . . . didn't! I'm headed into panic mode, taking deep cleansing breaths . . .

I mean honest to God!! What is up with this affliction?! I would understand if I had to get up tomorrow at the crack of dawn to get into some stuffy office with the most hateful boss that is just dying to whip me if I step outta line . . . then I could feel a little anxiety. But Sunday night for me now is just like any other night -- there is NO difference! I can stay up all night and work if I want or I can get up early tomorrow and do it or I can get up late tomorrow and do it -- as long as I get the stuff done, it doesn't matter when I do it. I don't have to go anywhere to do it. My boss is not going to be standing over me waiting for me to screw up. I've got the best job in the world!!

So why the anxiety every Sunday night like clockwork? WHY?! I don't get it. I mean obviously I'm doing this to myself. I am the cranky boss on my own shoulder. Logically the whole thing is silly . . . yet I can't make it go away, try as I might. I was okay here for about two weeks, then the anxiety kicked in. Is it because the only time I allow myself to see the full picture is on Sunday night, and the big picture is overwhelming? Does anyone else suffer from this? Any thoughts?

No comments: