Monday, August 22, 2005

After the Carnage

I am home in Sackville again. If I could stretch my arms round it, I would hug my apartment and give it a big squeeze. After a week of chaos at the folks and a whirlwind outing in Moncton, I'm ready to go back into hiding for at least a couple of weeks. Slow down and get some work done. Of course looking at the calendar I see next week is also chaotic with a daytrip into Moncton on Tuesday to workshop (which means I'm prepping this week) and the concert at Magnetic Hill on Saturday. It's time for the Stones already! How did this happen? I'm not ready, haven't wrapped my head around 85,000 people in a field.

It's a beautiful day here on the marsh. The air is a bit thicker than usual but not nearly as dense as it could be, was last night in Moncton. I'm feeling a big sluggish though I slept for a long time. A restless sleep, nervous at being alone again here for the first night. The kind of sleep where I wake up repeatedly but am so exhausted I can't actually move, my body is frozen and heavy, only manage to open my eyes, caught between reality and dream, meshing images of dream world angels against reality of my bedroom wall, feeling like someone is there behind me but unable to turn for confirmation. Nightmare after nightmare after nightmare until finally dawn brightens and I break free from sleep paralysis.

I've got some blogging from the week written long-hand that I'll type, back-date and post. So, keep checking below if you're interested.

Mood: loopy
Drinking: coffee with cream ... which could benefit from a shot of brandy
Listening To: Carson Downey Band, Are You In Or Are You Out
Hair: suffering from the wrath of Sherry's scissors

No comments: