Saturday, August 13, 2005

Storms Never Last

The wine stains on the carpet tell the tale better than I ever could. I would take pictures . . . but yeah, the camera thing continues unresolved. Got to try and get it worked out once and for all before leaving for a whirlwind week on the Miramichi starting Monday. Stop by and see your mom and dad, And hear ’em talk about the busy week they had

Suspect I'll be buying something new, something better, the one I should've bought the first time around. It's a shame to have lost all the MWW pics though. Curses on Kodak!

I am in a state of vegetation that I need to shake off, so much still to do, but I've been whooping it up for a couple of days. Lying around drinking wine, grazing on olives and omelets, listening to tunes and generally living the fun life. Isn't that what you do when friends come calling? I know it’s late, I know you’re weary

The wedding happens this week. Friday evening. We're going to Fredericton on Tuesday for last minute shopping spree included in one of our infamous medical trips and maybe a friendly lunch . . . if we can fit it all in. I've been away a lot this summer. More so than other years. Lots of trips into Fredericton, when I never used to go there at all. I've always been a Moncton girl, and now I'm living so close and can't seem to get there ever. It's very weird. Sometimes I feel like I'm caught up in something, that things are happening for reasons that aren't clear to me yet. I'm amazed by the people I'm meeting, by the friendships I'm forming. There are some scheduling concerns with the Tuesday Fredville trip of course, there always are, but hopefully will get away early and get to do everything we want. There's a place up ahead and I'm goin' Just as fast as my feet can fly

I just found out a friend is coming with us, which is excellent. I'm sure he'll enjoy helping us with the wedding lingerie shopping. That's probably right up his alley :-) He is certainly great at carrying bags . . . he is the bestest at that. The last time I saw him we went shopping in Amherst and he was the best sport. I believe we may also have been doing some lingerie shopping that day as well. Oh yes, I remember now, it was the great sport bra fiasco. Sadly, we came away empty handed on that end, with bags of books instead. We always have a good time though, lots of snorting laughs, so it'll likely be an extra fun time in Freddy. Can't figure out whose life I'm living

This random playlist is a funny thing, a really funny thing. Lyrics seem to drop and drag into the blog, seem to belong somehow. Completely random? Or have the angels taken to deejaying?

I've got to put together some mixes for Stacy and now I realise I'm tapped, out of blanks . . . think Jenn has many tunes, imagine I will be spending much time at her house while I'm home, trying to maintain some normalcy with regard to email, blogging and yes, even work. Hope the weather is not humid sweltering stuff that climbs into my legs and takes up residence for the week . . . that would not be good. You say yes, I say no, You say stop and I say go, go, go

Haven't really eaten today. Got up super early, too early, a god-awful time I see a lot of from the other end, just going to bed, but seldom on the rise and shiner. Absolutely no need to get up that early, could've slept at least another hour with no harm done . . . but I suppose I didn't really have to get up. I wanted to afterall, it was a conscious decision, no bully tactics. After a few hours I went back to bed and slept until late this afternoon. I'm all off-kilter now, out of whack, craving cheap Chinese take-out . . . or a can of peas. but you'll know why

Need to get something into me and snap out of this. I'm sure all I can manage is a hot dog. Not a hot dog stir-fry mind you, but a traditional hot dog. Well without the bun. And with pickles. I don't think traditional hot dogs come with pickles usually. But I think I could handle some pickels, if such things still live in my fridge. Need to take stock of that situation, freeze anything I can that won't live out the week, eat up as much of the other, then maybe do a toss out. Wondering if some stuff would survive the trip to Mom's or if it just takes too long. Going on the train. I love the train. I love that sense of being in limbo. Why am I obsessed with the sense of limbo? It shows up everywhere, in all that I am. You are the first one of your kind

Just want to curl up with a good movie. But what? Am I up for a little Vanilla Sky maybe? Or how about some Fight Club? Lost in Translation again? Fear and Loathing. I have the urge to watch 28 Days Later . . . but am concerned I might become just a little bit afraid and uncomfortable here on my own. I watched it alone before . . . I think. But I'm pretty sure it was back in Barnbonia. I haven't watched a dvd in ages. Haven't written about any here like I used to, lost momentum on that. What am I doing instead? I'm not watching tv. Never hardly turn the thing on, only for Rock Star. Of course I have no idea when things are on either, which makes a difference. I buy the Sackville paper every week, with the tv guide listings, then toss it onto the tv stand, unopened, to be thrown out the following week unread and replaced by the next issue. This makes absolutely no sense, but still it is what I do. I don't want to learn the hard way

Some weeks go by without the paper, I suppose, but still it's this crazy little ritual. I've been looking for a scratch ticket. I know, I know, I NEVER buy lotto tickets . . . better odds of being struck by lightning and all that . . . but I am positive that the other day I purchased a ticket. And no, I don't mean the one I bought for my mother while we were in Alma. I mean I bought one for me, here, in Sackville. And it has vanished without a trace. Did I dream it? Did I dream I was in the Jean Coutu buying tootpaste and other things including a scratch ticket? I'm having a fuzzy day. One of those days where I'm just not real sure of what's been going on, where I've been, what I've been doing, what's real and what's dream. It's all a little fuzzy about the edges. Some food, some sleep, and it'll come into focus tomorrow, but today it's grey matter. And she says she can't imagine, What on earth I'm waitin for

Today my body is sore from lack of rest and the temperature drop. My toes are aching. Had to put on socks and a sweater, layer up in order to semi-function. This is the arthritis kicking in. This is what it does. A couple of neglectful days and it feels the need to remind me that it's still around, and any reprieve I've been experiencing can be taken away as quickly as it was given. This I'm used to. But today my ribs are sore. What was I doing? Unexplained bruising again. Am I that clumsy? And so frequently clumsy that I no longer recall when I've fallen or had some minor jabbing accident? Shadow boxing in my sleep perhaps?

Yeah, my, my such a sweet thing
I wanna do everything
What a beautiful feeling


Mood: tired, blah, & freezing
Drinking: not today . . . not tomorrow . . . but soon the wine will flow again
Listening To: Winamp Random Set List Top 10 --
1. Trisha Yearwood, Perfect Love
2. Kenny Rogers & Sheena Easton, We've Got Tonight
3. CCR, Up Around the Bend
4. Bon Jovi, Love Me Back to Life
5. The Beatles, Hello Good Bye
6. Buddy Holly, True Love Ways
7. U2, Original of the Species
8. Faith Hill, This Kiss
9. Clay Aiken, I'm Not Supposed to Love You
10. Joan Jett, Crimson & Clover
Hair: been better . . . been worse

No comments: