Tuesday, August 09, 2005

T! Get a Sitter! Quickly Now!

This just in:

Toronto Club Date Confirmed!

The Rolling Stones are performing a club date on Wednesday, August 10th at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, August 10th at 8:00 AM at the Phoenix Concert Theatre Box Office at 410 Sherbourne Street. Tickets are very limited.

See below for more details.

ROLLING STONES - A BIGGER BANG!
TORONTO CLUB DATE CONFIRMED!
SPECIAL GUESTS: THE TREWS
DOORS: 7:30 PM
TREWS: 8:30 PM
STONES: 9:30 PM

REGULAR ROLLING STONES TORONTO COVER - TICKETS $10.00
1 TICKET PER PERSON - NON-TRANSFERABLE
PERSON PURCHASING TICKET WILL BE WRISTBANDED AND
NEED TO ARRIVE AT SHOW WITH TICKET & WRISTBAND INTACT.

***

On another note . . . I love The Trews. Since Sunday I've had one of their songs stuck in my head. I noticed it when I was waiting for the bus Sunday morning. Standing there, people watching the pumps, head bobbing, toe tapping, like I had an iPod strapped on, tunes cranked . . . except I didn't. Unplugged. Music-less. But The Trews blaring in my brain nonetheless. Noticed it again standing in line at Kelly's Bakery in Alma, waiting on coffee . . . I was like a character from The Full Monty. You know when they're all waiting in line at the unemployment office . . . The Trews have been blasting in my brain for days . . . until the ride home this afternoon . . . Davie Wilcox . . . Riverboat Fantasy . . . on the C103 nooner . . . and now I've got all manner of David Wilcox running in the background, the soundtrack to Kellie's life. Sadly all my Wilcox (that Charlie gave me one night when he was deejaying the club) is on cassette . . . somewhere in Miramichi. Brother Lee probably has them stashed in his room . . . never listening to it . . . because he is 25 and likes country music and muscle cars and all that kind of stuff . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya - just what i wanted to do - stand outside in the 45 degree heat and pouring rain for 20effing4 hours waiting for a wristband! my hairdresser went though.. he's a friend of ian's, and ian called him to see if he was going since he manages to always get tickets to these types of things and, sure enough, he was... so will let you know how it was when i talk to him.
i'm a beatles not a stones girl anyways...

Simply Kel said...

yeah, i'm more of a beatles girl myself. i would be more interested in seeing the trews. love them! i'm really only going to the magnetic hill concert to see the hip . . . and because it's the biggest thing ever out here, therefore i must be in the thick of it.