Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Longest Day

It's the week that won't quit, the day that refuses to die. After 1 in the a.m. and I'm at my sisters. She's long gone to bed and hubby way before that. There are children in the house that will rise in a few hours, rest is needed. I'm burning music. Then I'm going home and planned to dye my hair tonight . . . have to be on the road, organised, ready by 10 in the morning . . . hair may have to wait. Too tired for sitting upright, and still I'm doing it.

Grocery shopping to feed a hundred people is not an easy thing, two carts piled beyond capacity, no sharp turns on those wheels. This wedding thing is great exercise. . . on our feet all day every day running from place to place, lifting large cumbersome objects that I never imagined I could carry on my own unassist, pushing carts round and round the aisles . . . hungry all the time it seems, but no ice cream for brides and maids, even on the hottest day of the year . . . until after the ceremony. Silly rule. Who made that up?

Decorating challenged. Will it come together in time? Stay tuned . . .

Mood: Beyond exhausted
Drinking: Beyond wine
Listening To: Beyond music
Hair: Beyond redemption

No comments: