Sunday, August 28, 2005

Seasons Twist

My sleepy little town is starting to wake up. Lots of drunken carrying on in the street last night. Much whooping coming from houses across the way. Young men struggling with dressers and mattresses in various yards all afternoon. A steady stream of people to the landlord's door wanting to view other apartments he has in town, picking up keys, signing leases . . . but still no sign of my housemates . . . methinks the walls are way too thin for a pack of twenty-something housemates . . .

Every morning I nearly jump out the window when Jacques is getting dressed. My bedroom shares a wall with his closet. The scraping of the hangers as he looks for a shirt provides quite a jolt at 6 a.m. Still, I could live with that, it isn't so bad, when we're here alone . . . one person isn't very loud usually. But four people is a different beast. Four youngin's . . . well, we'll have to see.

I don't want to work today. Want to go outside and walk around, see what's new and exciting . . . find the Catholic Church . . . I know there's one here someplace. Go buy an ice cream and sit by the swan pond. I wanted to go out and have breakfast on the sidewalk at cafe. I wanted to go to the market at the civic centre, grab a coffee and stroll the boardwalks at the Water Fowl park. I wanted to take my notebook and lay down some sights, sounds, smells . . . Yes, I'm aware it's Sunday and those are all appropriate Sunday type activities, but I'm got H2 SUT people on my back (still) and bnm has got to look alive soon in order to make them go away. So, I work. Though I'd rather be drinking margaritas and eating nachos on a deck somewhere with a fabulous view.

Mood: bubbly
Drinking: tea, organic pekoe, black
Listening To: Violent Femmes, Blister in the Sun
Hair: googling new dos

No comments: