Thursday, August 04, 2005

Round Up

Maybe someone will notice my blog and I'll get a huge bookdeal. Apparently it happens. But in the meantime this looks really interesting. It seems almost too good to be true, you know . . . makes me suspicious.

I actually got a lot accomplished today for having not slept and being a little zonked by the lack of it. Many things crossed off my list including ALL the laundry, which was substantially backed up.

I've strung the rest of the lights . . . not sure I'm liking what I've done, may redo in a few minutes. Answered pertinent email. Checked out the new bnm test site . . . wasn't what I expected, but it's a work in progress. And no, you don't get to see it yet, but when it is done my life should be much easier.

Did interviews I was procrastinating on and finished bnm stories. Yay! Did some editing. Blogged multiple times. Worked on my short story. Cooked food. Watched a documentatry on CBC about an RCMP snitch living in Fredericton who was WAY out of hand. Touched base with Access Centre people about the workshop. Also touched base with Sackville Writers' Group because my first meeting is coming up next week.

Talked to my sister and finalized weekend plans. My other sister will not be joining us as originally scheduled, which upset my niece in the beginning when she found out her cousins wouldn't be taking this road trip . . . but then she forgot all about them when she realised she'd have me all to herself, no sharing. This will be nice for sure, but still I'll miss the other little rascals.

My mother is allegedly coming to visit me for a day or two at the end of this excursion . . . if she feels up to it . . . if the stars align in a perfect row . . . we shall see. I hope she comes and cleans my apartment for me. What?! She cleans everyone else's place when she visits, why should I be excluded? If the weather was cool, we could paint! That would be fun. But I think it'll probably be a fall project, this painting business.

Made a shopping list for tomorrow, as well as a list of errands to run in town and an updated to do for tomorrow. I even made the bed today. How's that for efficiency. And it's still early, I could still do tons of stuff . . . maybe I should make another pot of coffee.

I'm expecting Jacques to roll in any day now as the activity in the house is on the rise, I think they're in a flurry getting ready for his arrival. When last we spoke he said he'd see me in about 14 days . . . must be almost that now.

More shots fired across the way tonight . . . or fireworks . . . though honestly, what are these people celebrating all the time? This followed by squealing tires and then finally, sirens. Hmmm. Maybe something is going on. Probably not, because this IS Sackville afterall, but still . . . Maybe it will be nice to have boys living in the house afterall . . . comforting somehow. Because on some level I'm not buying this sleepy town crap . . . underneath it all, something must be happening.

2 comments:

Liz said...

sleepy small towns are always where the real action is. Who was the snitch in Freddy???

Simply Kel said...

I've forgotten his name . . . he's dead now anyway, murdered in his apartment. Insane the amount of cash the RCMP shelled out to this guy though. Wonderful use of our tax dollars.