Friday, August 19, 2005

Cap'in, I Can't Hold'er Together fer Much Longer!

Technically it is the day of the wedding, the early morning, after four. But I haven't been to bed yet, so it still seems like Thursday.

A 10 am road call for Thursday. I'm dressed up. We've got business matters to attend to today. Important stuff. Though nobody wants us to go, seem to accuse us of slacking off. There's just too much to be done. Too much doing, not enough time.

We meet Terry at his house. I get to see the garage office space for the first time. Nice! This could be Stacy's new home base. We take care of business. Stacy comes away with unanticipated cash allowing her to do some things she wanted but couldn't afford before.

Phone lunch into Pizza Delight so it will be ready when we get there, saving time. Last minute grocery shopping for Darlene. Pick up cakes. Liquor store run. And we're outta here but it's late afternoon. Unload at Teahouse. Barely enough time to run home, change clothes and return for rehearsal. I pop in some olives, drink a glass of wine, change and leave Mom's within 20 minutes.

Rehearsal starts late. Alan jokes and lightens the mood, no crying here. The kids are adorable. Blake wants to say, Lorraine and I, instead of, her mother and I. Gordon says that's not acceptable. My role is silent and I'm thankful. After rehearsal we decorate.

I'm no good at decorating. No good at flowers. Seriously, no good. "It's a good thing you can write," Stacy says around midnight. And that's it, right? It was the only thing I was good at, so I had to make it work for me. It was that or administrative work. I'm very good at admin, though I dislike it. I could've always been a prostitute I suppose, it's a no brainer.

Still I'm handy for reaching things for the little people, passing things so they don't have to keep climbing up and down. I do what I can and I stay until the end. Almost 4 o'clock. Are we ready yet? Not sure.

No comments: