Monday, August 01, 2005

Chilled to the Bone

Cold dreary day of drudgery in Sackville. Wet. I am freezing to death but hate to turn on the heat . . . electric heat is so dry and annoying. Every joint is screaming at me to do something about this dampness though. Needed to brace my neck earlier, fingers and wrists stiffening. Gotta keep moving or I'll freeze up. How did I become the tin man?

If I had a bathtub I would be in it, soaking in sea salted water so hot my skin would be pink for hours after I dried off. But all I have is the smurf shower, which is not quite the same thing.

I need a throw. Wrapping myself in the comforter is not practical when it comes to work. I'm wearing sweater upon t-shirt upon tank . . . layered to the max . . . still can't get warm. Maybe I should have soup for dinner. Something chunky with vegetables and steaming. That might help.

Talked to my mother awhile ago. She seemed rather tired after last week's excursions. PEI was good. But exhausting. The family weekend went well too. Record field attendance. And there is video to look forward to seeing. Apparently there was some over-indulgence of the beverage kind . . . and karaoke . . . I'm smiling already, can't wait to see this. I hope Jenn posts pics.

Mood: frumpy
Drinking: cold coffee
Listening To: Carson Downey Band, All the Way
Hair: Shockingly straight

2 comments:

Liz said...

what you need my dear is an awsome handwoven shawl. All cozy and fuzzy, yet fashionable too.

Simply Kel said...

Now THAT is a most excellent idea! That is exactly what I need. I'll get one and never be chilled again!