Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Another All-Nighter

Just taking a break, not having a Kit Kat, ingesting some peanut butter for protein energy. Purchased wine earlier, if I were smart I would've also purchased whiskey or brandy or something to help me get through this long night. Something to spike my coffee. Wine doesn't cut it in that department, though a glass with dinner was not unpleasant. Am not going to bed until work is done, could be awhile . . . but at least I probably won't miss the garbage truck in the morning.

Registrations are flooding in for my writing workshop, freaking me out big time. Les keeps emailing me everytime someone signs up. I've heard from him three times in the past couple of hours. If this works, they may want me to come back . . . to hit the Access Centre circuit even . . . how utterly bizarre. So far I know none of the people who have registered. They're coming from all over Miramichi City and even Doaktown, it's really weird. My brother-in-law overheard people talking about me at the Irving -- and NOT making fun either, talking about me seriously, like a person from "away" who is really supposed to know what they're talking about. See, I knew people thought I went back to Ontario after the club closed. Told ya.

In other news, I've got an extra ticket to the concert of a lifetime at Magnetic Hill this weekend that I can't even give away -- 85,000 people is NEVER gonna happen, I'm predicting 60,000. I am starting to get excited finally. Listening to the Hip earlier, they're gonna be awesome. After I see them I could totally go home a happy girl. Though I am curious to see just how bad Keith Richards looks in real life.

Mood: bright-eyed, still, for now
Drinking: coffee, strong and black
Listening To: Billy Joel, You May Be Right
Hair: pulled back for serious business

2 comments:

Liz said...

i caved and had beer. not a lot of beer. but beer nonetheless.had a crazy prez report to write. got it done thanks to much help and nagging by joe.
the peolple who matter still can find you, and know you stuck around.

Simply Kel said...

A little beer won't kill you. Just think you could've had A LOT of beer and an unhealthy dinner and no physical activity whatsoever. That wouldn't have been good. It's too much pressure to change all at once, small steps will get you to where you want to go just as well.