Friday, August 05, 2005

Unsettling

This bothers me. Can you imagine what that must be like? Being down there, not knowing whether help will arrive in time or not . . . it's like the plot from a movie or a book, except it's real.

I also wonder about this. A made-for-tv movie plot if ever there was one. But imagine being that baby, growing up with the knowledge that your mother tossed you out with the trash. Holy therapy! How would Tom Cruise fix that one?

When I lived there, I don't remember it being this way. I used to be in the Jane/Finch area visiting with a friend quite a bit, used to stay overnight at her place after nights of clubbing downtown . . . it seemed a bit more dangerous than my Alderwood neighborhood . . . but nothing like this.

Switching gears . . .

“I don’t want to sell anything, buy anything or process anything as a career. I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or . . . process anything sold, bought . . . or processed, or repair anything sold, bought or processed, you know, as a career. I don’t want to do that.” Yeah, I'm in the cult. Critics are giving this movie a hard time . . . but c'mon it's a Meg Ryan movie with my favourite girl, Diane Lane, and Cusack . . . must love "dogs" . . . there's nothing they can say to make this unappealing to me.

No comments: