Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saturday Six -- #70

From Patrick's Place, feel free to play along even if it's not Saturday.

1. A reader to "Men's Journal" recently wrote about technological innovations, stating that there isn't any gadget he couldn't live without: "To see how vital technology is, spend a few days in the backcountry without your phone, pager, PDA, laptop, cappuccino machine, or MP3 player. You'll emerge cleansed and refreshed." Could you go a whole week really roughing it with no modern conveniences? Would you want to?

I could. I have. And I would again. But it only works if I'm cleared to go, no obligations to keep. I would live forever without a phone if I could get away with it because it annoys the crap out of me. I've lived without phone for many months before and never missed it. I don't have a cellphone, will NEVER have a cellphone again unless it's absolutely necessary for work. No PDA. No laptop. No cappuccino machine. No mp3 player . . . I'm already emerging clean and refreshed every day.

2. What is the most you've ever paid for a:
A) Shirt -- $95, levis brand, soft chambray, tip top tailors, white, a gift for Marty
B) Pair of Shoes -- $150, dress boots, black, the bay, for me
C) CD or Album -- Not sure, $55-$75 range, Bon Jovi box set, 100,000,000 Fans Can't be Wrong
D) DVD -- $60 range, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas Criterion Collection
E) Book -- good lord! no friggin' idea, well over a hundred for sure for textbook type stuff, paid $85 or $90 for a thesaurus I really wanted one time
F) Vacation -- not much for sure, never go that far, maybe $500

3. Looking back at the answers to#2, which one was the most foolish?

The Levis shirt, of course . . .

4. Take this quiz: Which snack food are you?
Ooooo healthy! You're an apple!
What Snack Food are You?

brought to you by Quizilla

5. There are three wells: Love, Beauty and Creativity. If you could only drink from one of them, which would you choose and why?

Creativity of course. Without it I'd be dead and all the love and beauty in the world wouldn't matter.

6. If you were another person, do you think you would be friends with the person you know as yourself?

I like to think so yes. I'm kinda cool sometimes. Very nice. I don't cause too much harm.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I am an apple too!!!!!