Sunday, August 28, 2005

That Boy!

I have done the unspeakable. The one thing I was told NOT to do by my psychic sometimes side-kick. A most heinous crime any way you look at it. But gosh darn it! I just couldn't help myself. I am weak. That's all there is to it. Weak.

It all started when I went searching for a song called God Kicks . . . I've only ever seen it online one time and it was gone so fast I couldn't download it (back in dial-up days) . . . I heard it on one of my imported Irish films, On the Edge, starring you guessed it, my boy . . . Cillian Murphy. And whenever I think about Cillian I begin the never-ending search for a copy of Disco Pigs . . . and usually I NEVER find anything, the thing is always out of stock . . .

But tonight on Amazon.ca (somebody slap me for even going there, I do know better, really I do) there it was . . . a pre-order for October . . . Disco Pigs Special Edition!! ONLY $16.95! I almost wet my pants.

You see before 28 Days Later, Batman Begins and Red Eye . . . before anyone even knew who Cillian was (and some still don't) . . . way back in the last century, early 90's, I saw Disco Pigs and knew this boy was something special. I've wanted to own this movie since way back then and I've never been able to connect with a copy . . .

So, before I knew what happened it was done. Ordered. Will be shipped upon release. It and another Cillian film released this spring that I don't have yet, Bitter Harvest. I am a bad, bad girl. And what is this thing I have for celebrities who marry their school sweethearts? Jon Bon Jovi, Cillian Murphy . . . it's all a little bizarre, don't ya think?



Mood: lusting after blue-eyed boys
Drinking: water
Listening To: Sex Pistols, God Save the Queen
Hair: still checking the magazines for a new do

No comments: