Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Different Day, New Stuff

I tried all day yesterday to extricate myself from work to run to the Save-Easy for essential items (garbage bags, coffee, cream, veggies), pick up the mail, and get some printer ink. I couldn't get away from work though, couldn't, couldn't, couldn't. I've got so much to do it seems. I can't just take a week off and do nothing and not pay a HUGE price later . . . and this summer I've taken two weeks, one for Stacy's wedding, one for the Maritime Writers' Workshop, now I'm paying the piper. Buried to my head and shoulders in press releases and documents, not even bnm stuff for the most part.

Adding new projects to my plate too. And before you say anything, yes, I know I'm busy and I'm looking at a super busy year of bnm stuff (changes are in the air), WFNB stuff, Sackville Writers' Group stuff . . . even Frye Fest stuff, plus my own personal stuff (that IS a lot of stuff) but money talks and I'm being summoned, what can I do? I need the cash. I cannot pay the bills AND maintain my wine habit PLUS buy all the shoes and dvds I desire -- who can live like this? I needed another paying gig and one fell into my lap, so I'll take it. Sleep is over-rated really. Long as you get a few hours here and there you can survive for many months, certainly until spring.

In other news, I've got a new blog on the go for bnm. Bnm has been without a blog since the Mighty crew decided they wanted to focus the blog on Miramichi only. Not being in Miramichi I haven't been contributing, so now I've got my own to play with. Maybe that will cut down on some of my blogging here, so you all will be better able to keep up with me.

Mood: blah, grey day
Drinking: tea, black
Listening To: Led Zeppelin, Communication Breakdown and also fire trucks (again) university students like to set things on fire . . . is my town getting younger or am I getting older?
Hair: thirsty

2 comments:

Andrea R said...

Well, you could always become a kept woman. ;)

Simply Kel said...

Oh but Andrea! Seriously, WHO would keep me?