Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Belated Saturday Six #71

From Patrick's Place. Play along if you'd like, it's never too late.

1. Other than the "Saturday Six," what weekly or daily memes do you play most often? (Please give a link to that journal.)

None really . . . but I do the occasional quiz from Blogthings.

2. If you could look back at photos you know of that were taken during your childhood, from your first school pictures to snapshots taken ten years ago, which one do you think would be the most embarrassing and why?

It's difficult to say which is more embarrassing, the chubby little kid in the plaid pants . . . or the anorexic twenty-something who's face has sunken into her skull . . . probably the latter.

3. What was the last thing you made yourself do, even though you really didn't want to?

That's tough, cuz if I don't want to do it chances are I won't. Hmmm . . . it was probably something to do with work, interviewing someone or writing a press release or something. I NEVER want to do that stuff, yet I persist.

4. Take this quiz: How do you live your life?

How You Life Your Life

You are honest and direct. You tell it like it is.

You tend to avoid confrontation and stay away from sticky situations.

Your friends tend to be a as quirky as you are - which is saying a lot!

Some of your past dreams have disappointed you, but you don't let it get you down.


5. What was the last book you started but never finished (aside from any you're currently reading)? Why did you stop reading it?

The only book I've started and never finished, aside from the half-dozen or so I'm slowly getting through now, is Roughing It In the Bush by Susannah Moodie. I've tried many times since Ryerson and failed each time . . . it's just too damned boring, I can't do it.

6. Are you named after anyone? Has anyone ever been named after you?

My middle name is Valerie Anne. The Valerie is after my Aunt Valerie on my mother's side, the Anne is my mother's little bit of rebellion at being forced to name me after my Aunt Valerie . . . I surmise. Nobody has been named after me -- HEY! Why is that?

No comments: