Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Success!

It is Wednesday and I remembered to take out the trash! This is an exciting development. Someone tell my mother, she was worried I know.

Been catching up on some of my reading this morning. I follow a lot of blogs, subscribe to many newsletters . . . not as much as before the move when I purged myself of so many things, but still it piles up if I get away for a few days. Some things catching my eye this morning:

This is weird. A little creepy.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I wouldn't want my worse enemy to review any of my work . . . on the other hand his book probably really does suck . . . hmmm, I guess they should've got a total stranger to say it sucks then . . . maybe I'm not so mixed on this afterall.

Not sure why this stuck out. It's a little sad, a little frightening. Kind of disturbing.

From Places for Writers website --

Call: Misunderstandings Magazine
posted at 18:20 EDT, Monday, August 08, 2005

The Toronto based independant literary quarterly Misunderstandings Magazine is seeking submissions for its Fall issue: poetry, short fiction (1-2 pages) and black & white artwork. Email submissions to misunderstandings.magazine@gmail.com Deadline: September 30, 2005.

Anyone ever heard of this one? There is no website that I can find . . . which makes me skeptical about legitimacy, but doesn't necessarily mean anything other than they aren't very web savvy, the magazine could be great. I'm starting to gather sub calls for next Ink, if any come your way send 'em to me.

Anyway, I've got a list on top of my list today. Tons to do! Tons! So I may be a little scarce about the blog . . . imagine that, another reprieve . . . and so soon. What is going on with me?

Mood: Rushed
Drinking: coffee with the last of the skim milk that expires today. Note to self: buy cream later
Listening To: no time for tunes . . . but that damn lawnmower is going right out straight as usual and there's quite the loud wind whistling through
Hair: got a little messy bed head going on, too busy to iron it out now

No comments: